Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's the best


I know all you guys are in Midland giving hugs and gifts to Mom today, but since I'm here in Fort Worth I decided to blog just a bit about how great Mom is.


Mom,

I am really, really thankful for you. As I cleaned up the bottle of Modge Podge off the carpet, then cleaned the blue marker off the table and out of Isaac's mouth today I was reminded of the price you paid to raise 6 kids. As I look around my house which was clean this morning and now is covered with construction paper, dirty dishes, and laundry (not to mention the glue that didn't come out of the carpet) I just sigh, and say, "My mom was a good woman." After pushing on swings and catching on slides and using more that the typical number of wipies this weekend (due to Isaac's excessive grape intake) I take this few moments of consciousness before sleep to thank you for all that you did to raise me.


I didn't notice at the time, but you worked hard. In case I never told you before, I'm sorry for that day I locked myself in the bathroom all day and made Alan feed me slices of cheese and baloney under the door. I'm sorry for the time I ran away on my tricycle. I'm sorry for not cleaning up my room when you told me to. I'm sorry for the time my friends and I stayed up all night at my slumber party and ran into the street with our underwear on our heads. (I think this may be the first time you heard about that one :)) I'm sorry for all those times I bleached or shrunk your clothes when I did the laundry and for all those white shirts I turned pink because I didn't sort it very well.


Whatever family is doing to honor you today, I just want to say that you deserve it. You have been a wonderful mother to us all, and I continue to be thankful for your selfless love and care for your children and grandchildren. I bless you. May you keep giving and receiving the kindness of Jesus.

Love,

Randy

1 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Thank you, Randy. You made me laugh with memories and cry with gratitude. My prayers are with all my kids who are are still on the front lines raising godly children for "Pharoah's" very hostile house. Thank you Randy for taking the time to remember. And yes, this is the first time I knew about the underwear incident. :) I'm sure there are more confessions out there that may forever remain mysteries. Love you sooooo much. I know now that my mother's heart never changes or finishes its constant vigil over my precious children. May God continue to hold on to all of you and your children.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home