Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another 12 Year Old Trip Makes Wonderful Memories!!

Well, I am sitting here this morning remembering the fun trip with Allison. I know that most of you will be bored by these pictures, but the pictures help us remember what all we packed into our 9 days together.

Grandpa and I managed two 12 year old trips this summer. (I have to say sincerely that we are wondering about the summer with the "'99 crop." :) ) We had so much fun with both Allison and Emily though. One of the greatest things about the trips is just getting to know them as individuals. Both of them are amazing and I wouldn't trade a minute we got to spend with each of them.

Allison has a hard time coming up with her "favorite thing." We loved visiting our "home state" together. California is beautiful and fascinating to visit, though I think we all agree that we are glad we live in Midland.

Allison was darling and fun. We are so thankful to have her as our granddaughter.

The highlight of coming home, however, was meeting at Gerardos to celebrate Bailey's walk of victory. On Tuesday morning the doctor released her to walk and pronounced her healing "perfect." One of the amazing things he told them was that one of the reasons she had healed so well is that she still had room in her bones' "growth plates" for the bone to fill in and heal. (I think I am saying that right.) He said this was very, very unusual for an 18 year old--that normally the growth plate is done by 15 or 16 years. I believe this is another "God-thing". I am so proud of the way she has handled her rehab and healing process.

We all waited in the parking lot for Tod and Lee Ann to arrive from the airport with Bailey. We applauded as she got out of the car on her feet without her wheelchair or even crutches. I cried as she took her first steps.

I really still don't have a grasp of what God has done to preserve her life and health. I know that He has some special plans for her. She will be a different person, but I believe she can use her experiences, as horrible as they have been, to be a testimony and blessing to others. I don't know how all that will work out, but I am looking forward to see what God does in her heart. I continue to pray for her heart healing. God is so faithful!!!

I have posted lots of pictures. Sorry, but it was hard to choose. I love you all more than you can know. Every single one of you is special to me. Coming home from a trip always seems to be an extra hard Connor grieving time, but I never want to forget how thankful I am for all of you. I love you, mom/grma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home