Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

No more crib

As I posted before, Lena got out of her crib last sat. after nap. Well, since then, she hasn't been sleeping as well, and it has been harder to put her to bed. So....Thurs. morning, I pulled her mattress out of the crib and put it on the floor for her to sleep on. That afternoon I put her on the mattress on the floor for her nap and told her to stay there on her bed and go to sleep. I told her that if she got off of her bed, that I would spank her. I walked out and closed the door, and then came back about 5 min. later. I found her off of her bed reading a book. So I spanked her, put her back on the mattress, and told her to go to sleep and that if she got off her bed that I would spank her. She cried about it. I went back in 10 min. later and she was asleep. We are now going on 3 days and nights of putting her to sleep on the mattress on the floor without any problems and no more spankings after that first one. She is sleeping longer, and waking up happier. We are working on getting a bed so that she doesn't have to sleep on a mattress on the floor. So far, this transition has been really good. She was ready for it. Thankfully, she doesn't know how to open doors yet. Although, that will come in time. Hopefully not for several months. Our little Sweet Pea is growing up.

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

What a big girl! It's hard to believe how quickly she's grown. We love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home