Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

We already miss you

Hey family. Randy and I are home. We've been heavy and sad all day. Big feeling of helplessness that I know we've all experienced in the last week - and ours is just a tiny fraction of what we know Tod and Lee Ann are feeling.

Tonight at dinner we shared our favorite thing that we heard about Connor at the funeral. I think the story about him sitting with Melissa at the movie was one of our family favorites. They also like the Uncle Alan story about shaving. Corey Boone was eating with us (one of the Mighty Men who was at the funeral) and said the piano player made Mr. Gravitt cry. When we were praying at bedtime tonight both of my boys thanked God that he was such "a nice kid". They were listening all last week and I think that in an odd way we know him better now than we did a week ago. McKenna told me tonight that she is going to write 2 books this summer. The first one will be called "At the Feet of Jesus" and will be about Connor and the experiences of the past week. I can't wait to see what God gives her.

Tiffany (Hochdorf) Guild had done all our laundry and made our home look a little happier today when we arrived home. She is still crying every time she hears about how things are going with you all. She and Chris have been praying since a couple of hours after the accident. Their hearts are hurting for you. Mrs. Murray and her daughter had made us a huge dinner, including a lemon pound cake which I must confess that we ate! Randy just decided that it would be insulting to not try this symbol of love - ha! Mrs. Murray made US dinner and it was HER birthday today - she is 84. You can know without a doubt that she has been lifting up our family in prayer this week. This is no small thing.

Got an email today from McKenna's piano teacher who I emailed a few days ago. She said that she had already heard about the accident from some of our old Hulen Bend neighbors who moved from that neighborhood even before we did. I actually just figured out as I'm writing this that I think the only way they could have known about it was through the wife's parents who attend Alta Mesa C of C. I am always amazed and comforted in a way by the C of C network. There was a phone message from Brent Pennington in Thailand saying they are praying. People are literally praying for you, Tod and LeeAnn, all over the world! The body of Christ is beautiful.

I think we might have been home an hour tonight before the neighbors showed up (ages 11,9, and 9). Randy was pretty down and wanting to talk about Connor so he showed them the obituary. After trying to define "obituary", he handed it to them to read. They really couldn't read it and the oldest one just kept talking about how his birthday is this Saturday and asking what we're going to get him. Needless to say, this was a little frustrating. Tonight kind of felt like we'd been slammed back into a different world.

We love all of you so much. I agree with Jill - I've never felt closer to this family. I've never admired and respected you as much as I do right now. We aren't physically there, but know that we will be praying A LOT and feel free to call or come hang out in the hood whenever you need to.

Blessings of peace and the heavy presence of Jesus be on you tonight,
Anda

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Miss you, too, Randy and Anda. Your family is so precious, and we love you all.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

We love you and already miss you too. I agree that I respect each one of you and admire you more than ever before. Our family is such a gift from God to us. I love you each and every one!

I look forward to reading McKenna's book. Sometimes I think children understand some things about God in a unique way that can teach the rest of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home