Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just for fun

How about a recipe? It's very easy and fast (about 30 minutes) and delicious. And all but 1 of the ingredients I almost always have. (Cilantro is the one I sometimes don't, but Ben is planting 3 little plants as we speak, so maybe I'll have plenty soon!)

Easy Cheesy Chili Chicken

2 T. olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1 T. chili powder
1 T. cumin powder
2 t. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. pepper
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. julienned green bell pepper (they now have roasted peppers in frozen foods at HEB--wonderful to have on hand)
2 T. diced onion (whatever kind you have--I used green onion tonight)
1 medium tomato, diced
shredded colby jack cheese

Preheat oven to 400.

Toss oil, cilantro and spices into a ziploc. Add the chicken and toss to coat.

Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy clean-up) and arrange the green pepper, onion and tomato over each. Roast until the largest piece is just cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 20 minutes.

Remove chicken from oven and immediately top with the cheese and serve as the cheese melts.


I served it with rice and guacamole. I would have served a salad, but the lettuce was frozen when I took it out of the fridge. I put extra tomatoes in the guacamole, so I'm counting it as a vegetable. Plus I put extra vegees on top of the chicken.

You could use taco seasoning in place of the dry spices if you want--it's basically the same thing.

No cute pictures of my kids tonight, although they are awfully cute! Maybe I'll post some kindergarten graduation pictures after Thursday night. Cary and Alan, you can enjoy them from your hotel rooms.

3 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Thanks for the recipe. It looks good. Right now I think I am ready for some home cooking. I am looking forward to seeing my sweet kids at kindergarden graduation. Love, mom

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Sounds good Trisha and I even have cilantro in my fridge right now. Let me know how the cilantro does...I want to plant an herb garden...rosemary, basil etc. I think it would be fun and save some money. Have a great week and we will see you thursday night.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

It seems like it would be easy for me to do. I'm going to try it this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home