Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Update from Grandma!!!

Well, I think I haven't blogged in a long, long time. Since I am always a little disappointed each day when I check the blog and find that almost no one is blogging these days, I thought I would do a little catch-up. Sorry if this is lengthy and there are way too many pictures. Feel free to jump right in with your own blog and pictures. I will just give you some highlights from the last few weeks:

**I spent the first part of March working on the Midland Christian Auction. We set a new record with more than $100,000 in auction proceeds. I am working hard to help with our $10 million dollar fundraising campaign. We went to lunch with Connor on the day of the auction to celebrate his 12th birthday. We are beginning to plan his 12 year old trip for June. He is such a fine young man--we are looking forward to our time with him.

**After the auction and a MCS board meeting, I drove to Fort Worth to take care of Randy and Anda's kids while they went to Louisiana. Dad joined me on Thursday night. We had such a good time. Among the highlights, Dale took the boys on a train trip from Dallas to Fort Worth, we went on a very interesting tour of the US Bureau of Engraving to see money being printed, we went to soccer games and a movie and just had fun. They are darling kids and I miss them.

**After Randy and Anda got home, we drove all night to be in Midland when Reagan was baptized. We are just blown away at the goodness of God as we watched another one of our precious grandchildren commit their life to Jesus. Wow!

**We celebrated Hutton's 15th birthday. He is such a fine, handsome young man. How did he get to be 15 already?

**We took our Lifegroup to the lake for the first time. It was amazing to experience the blessing of growing in our love for one another by simply spending time together in that beautiful place. One of the surprise blessings was being with the teenagers. The fish were biting, the food was wonderful, and the laughter was plentiful.

**Emily turned 11 while we were at the lake with our Lifegroup. Her birthday celebration is on hold--Grandma never catches up.

**The day after we returned from the lake, Dale, Cary, and Tod pulled off another Executive Oil Conference with class.

**Molly got sick the day after we returned from the lake (first day of Oil Conference). She was quite lethargic and wouldn't even eat a piece of cheese. The vet did blood tests and determined that her auto-immune condition had returned (3rd time); she was "bleeding freely" and he didn't think she would live through the night. After he located a dog to give her a blood transfusion and started her on steroids, she improved. Much to his surprise (again) she not only survived, but seems to be doing quite well.

**The day after the Oil Conference we left for Washington DC with the Coffmans for the Family Research Council yearly briefing. It was wonderful as usual, and we had a great time with Joe and Kat.

**While in Washington DC, I received an email from Leila about Larissa being in a serious car accident which totaled her car. When we got back to Midland I got ready to drive to Austin to be with Larissa.

**After pressure from my family, I finally did a medical check-up with Dr. Klempnauer--it had only been 7 years since the last one. Dr. K. hasn't changed--at 76 he looks and acts just as kind and sweet as ever. (I got a 100% clean bill of health assuming all tests come out as well as he expects.) After my appointment I left for Austin.

**I spent 3 days with April, Lena, and Larissa. I had soooo much fun with all my girls. I have posted pictures of April and James' house; it is so warm and inviting. Lena is absolutely adorable--sweet, calm, friendly and happy. Friday night I spent the night with Larissa, and we laughed and enjoyed a wonderful time together. She told me all about her wreck (an old woman backed her big truck over her while she was waiting behind her in an HEB parking lot). She was able to run a triathalon the next day (her 24th birthday) in Galveston (swim, bicycle and run). She finished 12th in her age category and 68th out of 600 entrants. I was totally impressed. She is doing much better now, although she was pretty emotional for the first week. I left Dad's car with her until she can get another car.

**I flew home yesterday, and we had our Easter at the Ball Park today with estimates of 5000 people in attendance. It was soooo hot, but still went extremely well.

**Dad flew out to OKC for a Christian Chronicle meeting tomorrow. I am hoping to stay home for a few days, see some kids' baseball games, celebrate Emily, Jill and Alan's birthdays, and get some housecleaning caught up.

I love all of you. I have posted lots of pictures of various things in the last few weeks. I know this is boring, but at maybe some of the pictures are more fun. All I can say is I am sooo blessed, sooo thankful, and sooo happy. Love you, Mom

P.S. Pleeeeease keep blogging. I love to hear from each of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home