Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, October 31, 2005

new baby Guild!

Well, I'm too wired to sleep. Just got home from my first home birth! No, I'm not thinking of crossing to the other side - I like pain killers and most nurses, but it was a neat experience. Really fast! Tiffany called at 5:30 p.m. and said that she might be in labor so keep my phone with me. At 7:30 p.m. she called and said she definitely was, and she had her 9 pound Lyren at 8:45 p.m.! The midwife arrived maybe 30 minutes before birth - Chris and Tiff's mom were getting a little worried that they might be delivering! Rita, you would have loved all this tonight! God is so good! Tonight made me really excited for our little sweet one's arrival!!

Thanks for posting the great pics, Jill! Everyone looked so cute! Inspired by Alan and Holly's New Year's card, we all dressed up as the Incredibles. We won the costume contest at the Fall Festival and got several comments tonight. It is quite entertaining to see a family of 6 parading around in red sweats and black masks - esp when one of them looks like a beluga whale. It was humbling, but our kids had a blast (esp. Lukey, of course).

Since it's safe to brag about our kids here on the blog, I have to for a second. Today was teacher conference day at McKenna and Josiah's school and I was almost in tears to hear all the wonderful things that were said about our children! And to KNOW that it's all God's grace - just overwhelmed with His goodness. They both had all A's (McKenna's lowest grade was a 97!) and both teachers praised them for how well they get along with everyone, submit to authority, etc.! Josiah's teacher hardly had anything to say because he is having no problems. Just encouraging stuff to hear! Praise God for a smooth transition into this new school!

Okay, I'll stop rambling. Love you all and can't wait to see you!

Anda

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Anda, you are right. I would have LOVED being there. How exciting, especially when you are so close to getting your own little bundle. I am also thrilled that our kids are doing so well. I am so proud of them. I have been thinking a lot about you recently, especially as I have been around April. She is really "blossoming" and I imagine you are also. I can't wait to see you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home